Sabado, Mayo 9, 2015

I'm Officially An Intern At Plus Magazine!

Yes. I just graduated from college. But learning does not stop there.

I am officially an intern and Plus Digital Magazine. What made ​​me apply as an intern and Plus Magazine? I want to be fully equipped with the knowledge before I say hello to the real world. I went though internships prior to graduation, I know that I still have to do this while waiting for my real break and the actual work. I am so enticed with different mentorships that the interns are about to experience. I told myself that I'll ever regret this feeling if I did not grab this opportunity.

And luckily, I got in!

So this is how I spent my first day with Plus.

FIRST STOP

I am so giddy because on this day, I am going to hear a talk about one of my most sought-after mentors for this program - JM Conopio, Head of Marketing and PR for Echo Channels. 

Our meeting place was at Starbucks Jupiter St. just near Miss JM's office that morning.

I find her very amusing. She has lots of stories to tell that I can just sit down and listen to her. As we started out our session, she asked us a gist about ourselves. After that, she started her talk by treating us like a new employee and Echo Channels. There, she talked about the history of Echo Channels, being a new entity that came from Manila Eventscape. Also, she mentioned some of the services of the company that made ​​it one of the most sought after PR agency today.

What I've learned about her is that PR is a whole lot more than what I expected. It's not just about the glitz and glamor. Rather, it has to be synchronized with different actions in order to execute a successful campaign.

SECOND STOP


After an interesting talk with Miss JM, I was surprised that we have another itinerary for today. We are actually going to Leeroy New's studio! In case you do not know him, Leeroy is a contemporary artist whose works fine Filipino overlap with theater, film , fashion and visual arts. I am more than honored to have seen his projects (even in work in progress) up close and personal.


THIRD STOP

Just when I thought that my day was about to end, Benj moonleaf took us to a cool down. Little did we know that we are up for more set of learnings. We just met Adrian, the owner of moonleaf. He shared us his story on how he came up with the brand and how it is not just all over the Philippines, but reached abroad as well. His story was so inspiring that it sparked my interest to rebuild my old business. 


What a productive day indeed! Never thought my first day will be this interesting. I'm looking forward to more memories with Plus.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento